Birmingham complete Michel signing from Gijon
London: In-form Birmingham City signed Spanish midfielder Michel from Sporting Gijon for three million pounds on Monday.
“Michel is in a great age group, has got good legs and a lovely touch on the ball as you would imagine from a Spanish player performing at La Liga level,” City manager Alex McLeish told the Premier League club’s website.
Michel, 24, has signed a two and a half year deal at St Andrews.
Birmingham, who drew 1-1 with Manchester United on Saturday to set a club record of 12 unbeaten games in the top flight, are eighth in the league and trying to qualify for Europe for the first time in almost 50 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'