Birmingham complete Michel signing from Gijon
London: In-form Birmingham City signed Spanish midfielder Michel from Sporting Gijon for three million pounds on Monday.
“Michel is in a great age group, has got good legs and a lovely touch on the ball as you would imagine from a Spanish player performing at La Liga level,” City manager Alex McLeish told the Premier League club’s website.
Michel, 24, has signed a two and a half year deal at St Andrews.
Birmingham, who drew 1-1 with Manchester United on Saturday to set a club record of 12 unbeaten games in the top flight, are eighth in the league and trying to qualify for Europe for the first time in almost 50 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!