Birmingham complete Michel signing from Gijon
London: In-form Birmingham City signed Spanish midfielder Michel from Sporting Gijon for three million pounds on Monday.
“Michel is in a great age group, has got good legs and a lovely touch on the ball as you would imagine from a Spanish player performing at La Liga level,” City manager Alex McLeish told the Premier League club’s website.
Michel, 24, has signed a two and a half year deal at St Andrews.
Birmingham, who drew 1-1 with Manchester United on Saturday to set a club record of 12 unbeaten games in the top flight, are eighth in the league and trying to qualify for Europe for the first time in almost 50 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores