Birmingham complete Michel signing from Gijon
London: In-form Birmingham City signed Spanish midfielder Michel from Sporting Gijon for three million pounds on Monday.
“Michel is in a great age group, has got good legs and a lovely touch on the ball as you would imagine from a Spanish player performing at La Liga level,” City manager Alex McLeish told the Premier League club’s website.
Michel, 24, has signed a two and a half year deal at St Andrews.
Birmingham, who drew 1-1 with Manchester United on Saturday to set a club record of 12 unbeaten games in the top flight, are eighth in the league and trying to qualify for Europe for the first time in almost 50 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman