Birmingham complete Michel signing from Gijon
London: In-form Birmingham City signed Spanish midfielder Michel from Sporting Gijon for three million pounds on Monday.
“Michel is in a great age group, has got good legs and a lovely touch on the ball as you would imagine from a Spanish player performing at La Liga level,” City manager Alex McLeish told the Premier League club’s website.
Michel, 24, has signed a two and a half year deal at St Andrews.
Birmingham, who drew 1-1 with Manchester United on Saturday to set a club record of 12 unbeaten games in the top flight, are eighth in the league and trying to qualify for Europe for the first time in almost 50 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket