BJP admits to MNS role in BJP-Shiv Sena debacle in LS polls
Mumbai: The BJP on Tuesday admitted that the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS), led by Raj Thackeray, played "spoilsport" for the Shiv Sena-BJP alliance in the Lok Sabha polls in the state.
"We agree that due to MNS, the alliance lost seats,
especially in Mumbai and Pune," Maharashtra BJP president
Nitin Gadkari told reporters here.
"The alliance leaders did not anticipate that MNS would
play spoilsport in such a big way," he said.
Gadkari also alleged that NCP and Congress helped MNS
divide votes of the saffron alliance.
He, however, said his party is confident that the pattern
would not be repeated during the State Assembly slated in
"People who voted for MNS are regretting because it
helped Congress retain power. We are confident that they will
not vote for MNS or Congress-NCP," he said.
BJP is also trying to concentrate on tribals, Scheduled
Castes and Scheduled Tribes voters, Gadkari said. The party
has set up a union for unorganised sector workers, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!