BJP announces fourth list of candidates for Assam polls
Guwahati: The BJP on Tuesday declared its fourth
list of candidates for the two-phase Assembly elections in
The party is contesting all 126 constituencies in the
Among the seven contestants are Binita Brahma from
Kokrajhar East, Hemanga Thakuria from Palasbari, Atul Sharma
from Dharampur, Diganta Ghatowar from Biswanath and Banti
Bania from Lakhimpur.
The candidates for Kalaigaon and Sootea, announced
earlier, were changed to Mridul Deka and Rakesh Sharma,
respectively, BJP spokesman Vijay Kumar Gupta said.
Announcing the list on behalf of BJP All India general
secretary Anant Kumar, Gupta said that the list of candidates
for the remaining five constituencies of Dhing, South Salmara,
Samaguri, Majuli amd Chapaguri would be announced later.
Talks were on with alliance partner JD(U) for leaving
some constituencies to it, but the names were not yet
finalised, he said.
Assembly elections will be held in Assam in two-phases on
April 4 and 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy