BJP apologises for not having any women candidates
Panaji: Goa BJP apologised on Sunday for
not having even a single woman candidate from the party to
contest the forthcoming state Legislative Assembly polls.
Leader of Opposition Manohar Parrikar has said that
the party is apologetic about not being able to select a woman
candidate from the list of 32 seats, which they have been
contesting in alliance with Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party
"We tried to have a woman candidate, but we could not
get. That is why, we support 33 per cent political
reservations," he said.
The former chief minister said, "In Goa, the election
strategy becomes a full time job, which goes on till late
While there is no woman candidate in the BJP list, the
party has supported candidature of Nirmala Sawant, a woman
independent contestant from Cumbharjua constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it