BJP apologises for not having any women candidates
Panaji: Goa BJP apologised on Sunday for
not having even a single woman candidate from the party to
contest the forthcoming state Legislative Assembly polls.
Leader of Opposition Manohar Parrikar has said that
the party is apologetic about not being able to select a woman
candidate from the list of 32 seats, which they have been
contesting in alliance with Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party
"We tried to have a woman candidate, but we could not
get. That is why, we support 33 per cent political
reservations," he said.
The former chief minister said, "In Goa, the election
strategy becomes a full time job, which goes on till late
While there is no woman candidate in the BJP list, the
party has supported candidature of Nirmala Sawant, a woman
independent contestant from Cumbharjua constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what