BJP apologises for not having any women candidates
Panaji: Goa BJP apologised on Sunday for
not having even a single woman candidate from the party to
contest the forthcoming state Legislative Assembly polls.
Leader of Opposition Manohar Parrikar has said that
the party is apologetic about not being able to select a woman
candidate from the list of 32 seats, which they have been
contesting in alliance with Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party
"We tried to have a woman candidate, but we could not
get. That is why, we support 33 per cent political
reservations," he said.
The former chief minister said, "In Goa, the election
strategy becomes a full time job, which goes on till late
While there is no woman candidate in the BJP list, the
party has supported candidature of Nirmala Sawant, a woman
independent contestant from Cumbharjua constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi