BJP bickering not to affect ties: Prakash Singh Badal
Chandigarh: Internal bickering`s within BJP
will not affect ties with NDA partner Akali Dal, Punjab Chief
Minister Parkash Singh Badal said on Wednesday.
"It will not affect our alliance," Badal told reporters
here in a press conference.
Asked to comment on the current crisis in BJP, he said
"I never interfere in the internal matters of any party."
To another query whether Akali Dal`s ties would remain
the same in case there was a change in BJP leadership, the SAD
supremo described the question as hypothetical. "Let the
On the issue of EVM tampering, he differed with other NDA
partners who have complained to the Election Commission about
the matter saying he had no such qualms. "I am satisfied with
the EVMs," he said.
The EVMs were recently used in the Lok Sabha elections
and three Assembly bypolls in the state and no complaints were
received, he pointed out.
Blaming the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre for
price rise, he said "the Centre has not taken any steps to
tackle the price rise issue."
Badal said the Centre should give a special package to
the farmers of the state who have suffered losses due to
drought in their efforts to maintain the production levels of
He regretted that the Centre has not announced any steps
for the farmers so far and demanded remunerative prices for
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living