‘BJP, Cong conspiring to foment communal trouble’
Ballia: Slamming the BJP and the Congress,
Janata Dal (United) president Sharad Yadav on Sunday alleged both
these parties were conspiring to engineer communal riots in
poll-bound Uttar Pradesh to get votes.
"Both the BJP and the Congress are trying to get Hindu
and Muslim votes and for that they are conspiring to engineer
communal riots in the state," he told an election rally here.
Turning to the Congress, Yadav said it was befooling
people by raking up the issue of development in the state.
"What the Congress has done during its rule in the
state?" he asked.
"Whether it is the 2G spectrum or the Commonwealth Games
scam -- all happened during the Congress regime," Yadav said.
Attacking the BJP, Yadav said if the people gave it a
chance to govern, it would ruin the state.
He said had former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
was in good condition, the JD(U)-BJP alliance would not have
Yadav said despite differences, the JD(U) would remain
a constituent of the NDA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users