‘BJP, Cong conspiring to foment communal trouble’
Ballia: Slamming the BJP and the Congress,
Janata Dal (United) president Sharad Yadav on Sunday alleged both
these parties were conspiring to engineer communal riots in
poll-bound Uttar Pradesh to get votes.
"Both the BJP and the Congress are trying to get Hindu
and Muslim votes and for that they are conspiring to engineer
communal riots in the state," he told an election rally here.
Turning to the Congress, Yadav said it was befooling
people by raking up the issue of development in the state.
"What the Congress has done during its rule in the
state?" he asked.
"Whether it is the 2G spectrum or the Commonwealth Games
scam -- all happened during the Congress regime," Yadav said.
Attacking the BJP, Yadav said if the people gave it a
chance to govern, it would ruin the state.
He said had former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
was in good condition, the JD(U)-BJP alliance would not have
Yadav said despite differences, the JD(U) would remain
a constituent of the NDA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!