BJP demands imposition of President`s rule in Manipur
New Delhi: Blaming Chief Minister Ibobi
Singh for alleged fake encounters and deteriorating law and
order situation in Manipur, BJP on Thursday demanded his resignation
and imposition of President`s Rule in the state.
"There have been 219 alleged fake encounters in the
state in last seven months. The constitutional mechanism has
failed and there is rampant corruption. We demand imposition
of President`s rule and sacking of the Chief Minister," BJP
spokesperson Prakash Javdekar said here.
"BJP along with other opposition parties of the state
including CPI (M), NCP, Manipur People`s Party would meet the
Prime Minister and the Home Minister to place our demands
before them," he added.
Javdekar said the Supreme Court should also take
"suo motto cognizance" of the alleged fake encounters in
Manipur as it did in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes