BJP demands imposition of President`s rule in Manipur
New Delhi: Blaming Chief Minister Ibobi
Singh for alleged fake encounters and deteriorating law and
order situation in Manipur, BJP on Thursday demanded his resignation
and imposition of President`s Rule in the state.
"There have been 219 alleged fake encounters in the
state in last seven months. The constitutional mechanism has
failed and there is rampant corruption. We demand imposition
of President`s rule and sacking of the Chief Minister," BJP
spokesperson Prakash Javdekar said here.
"BJP along with other opposition parties of the state
including CPI (M), NCP, Manipur People`s Party would meet the
Prime Minister and the Home Minister to place our demands
before them," he added.
Javdekar said the Supreme Court should also take
"suo motto cognizance" of the alleged fake encounters in
Manipur as it did in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez