BJP demands imposition of President`s rule in Manipur
New Delhi: Blaming Chief Minister Ibobi
Singh for alleged fake encounters and deteriorating law and
order situation in Manipur, BJP on Thursday demanded his resignation
and imposition of President`s Rule in the state.
"There have been 219 alleged fake encounters in the
state in last seven months. The constitutional mechanism has
failed and there is rampant corruption. We demand imposition
of President`s rule and sacking of the Chief Minister," BJP
spokesperson Prakash Javdekar said here.
"BJP along with other opposition parties of the state
including CPI (M), NCP, Manipur People`s Party would meet the
Prime Minister and the Home Minister to place our demands
before them," he added.
Javdekar said the Supreme Court should also take
"suo motto cognizance" of the alleged fake encounters in
Manipur as it did in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case in
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy