BJP demands President`s rule in Manipur
New Delhi: The BJP on Monday demanded imposition
of President`s rule in Manipur, saying the Congress-led
government there had failed to curb militancy and the law and
order situation had deteriorated in the state.
The demand was made by a BJP delegation when it met Home
Minister P Chidambaram and handed over a memorandum demanding
imposition of Central rule.
"The constitutional machinery does not exist in the
state. When ministers and bureaucrats pay ransom every month,
it means the end of the rule of law. We demanded that the
government should go lock stock and barrel and President`s
rule be imposed," Prakash Javadekar, who led the delegation,
told reporters after the meeting.
Former Manipur Chief Minister W Napamacha and BJP state
unit president Borababu Singh were also in the delegation.
The BJP demanded a "concerted action plan" to fight
militancy within a span of one year so that industry and
tourism can grow in the state.
Javadekar claimed that people have lost faith in the
He said the delegation also emphasised strengthening of
vigil along the porous Indo-Myanmar border.
3 militants killed in Manipur
Three militants were today killed in
an encounter with police commandos in Bishenpur district of
Manipur, official sources said.
They said commandos, patrolling the Kumbi-Katha area
about 45 Kms south of here, were fired upon by militants,
triggering the encounter.
The commandos shot dead three militants of Kanglei Yawol
Kann Lup- Military Defence Force, the sources said adding one
M-16, one AK-56 and several rounds of ammunition were
The bodies have been sent to Regional Institute of Medical
Science and Hospital here for post mortem, sources said.
Over 300 persons have so far been killed this year in
militancy-related crimes in Manipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'