BJP front-runner in Assembly polls: Rajnath
Panaji: Senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh on Thursday claimed that his party was the front-runner in the elections in five states, including Goa.
Singh said the common man was fed up with Congress, and BJP would do well in the Assembly polls in the five states.
"The man on the street is exasperated with the anti-people policies and poor performance of the Congress-led governments at the Centre and the states," said Singh, who is here to campaign.
Saying that Congress-led governments had become a byword for rampant corruption and high inflation, he said that inflation had reduced people`s purchasing power.
"The UPA government had promised to tame inflation within 100 days of coming to power. But even after spending more than 1,000 days in power, it has failed to contain it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'