BJP manifesto promises free laptops, fixed deposits in Tamil Nadu
Chennai: Free laptops, stationery for students, sanitary napkins for women and Rs 100,000 deposit for female child born in a below poverty line (BPL) family...the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has offered all this and more in its manifesto for the Tamil Nadu assembly elections.
Releasing the manifesto in Chennai on 26th April, the BJP`s Tamil Nadu chief Pon Radhakrishnan told reporters that the party will give pens and pencils to students at the beginning of the academic year and at the time of final exams.
The party has even promised laptops for all plus-one, plus-two and college students.
Refuting to describe them as freebies, Radhakrishnan said: "Students are not voters and so they are not freebies."
The party has also promised free medical checkup for below poverty line families in the state.
Sanitary napkins will be distributed free for women through ration shops to improve their peers
The BJP has also promised extension of benefits enjoyed by minority educational institutions to all institutions irrespective of religion.
It has assured to strive to get 205 thousand million cubic feet (TMC) of Cauvery water from Karnataka, where it is currently the ruling party, and also promised protection of Tamil Nadu`s interests in the Mullaperiyar dam dispute with Kerala.
A separate budget for agriculture and also other promises for the farmer`s welfare have been made.
The BJP has promised to protect the interests of Indian fishermen and prevent attacks by Sri Lankan navy on them.
The BJP is contesting 194 seats in the 234-member state assembly. The DMK and the AIADMK have also made such promises in their manifestoes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal