BJP MLAs resign in Jharkhand demanding early polls
Ranchi: Aiming to put pressure for early Assembly Elections in Jharkhand, BJP MLAs on Sunday resigned en masse and submitted their resignation to BJP state unit president Raghuvar Das.
The 23 MLAs now plan to meet the President demanding early polls.
The BJP state unit had yesterday sought permission from its central leadership to allow all its MLAs to resign from the House which is in suspended animation.
The Assembly in Jharkhand was put under suspended animation when the President`s rule was imposed in the state in January this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini