BJP not to align with BSP, SP in UP: Swaraj
Ghaziabad: The BJP will prefer to sit on
the opposition benches rather than forming a government with
the support of the BSP or the SP, senior party leader Sushma
Swaraj said here on Thursday.
Addressing a string of poll rallies here, she said her
party, if it did not secure a majority, would prefer to sit as
an opposition party in the legislative assembly.
It would not seek the support of either the BSP or the
SP in government-formation in the state, Swaraj said.
Turning to Muslims, she said her party was opposed to
the policy of appeasement of the community pursued by several
Some parties considered Muslims as their vote banks and
were indulging in appeasement of the community, the BJP leader
She said the quota promised by some political leaders
for the community was not realistic and feasible.
Referring to the 2G spectrum controversy, Swaraj said it
was the BJP which had exposed this scandal.
Her party had always raised its voice against corruption
and black money, the two evils plaguing the UPA government at
the Centre, she said.
Swaraj said the Congress was responsible for all the
scams in the country and did nothing to bring back the black
money stashed in foreign banks.
Targeting the BSP supremo, the BJP leader alleged that
Mayawati wasted public funds on installation of statues and
In this connection, Swaraj also took the UPA government
to task saying it never asked her about the "misuse of public
The BJP, if voted to power in the state, would probe
this wastage of public money.
"She (Mayawati) is the richest woman in India but there
is no agency to ask her about her source of income. She was a
middle class teacher in Delhi about two decades back," Swaraj
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday