BJP Parliamentary board fails to take decision on Raje
New Delhi: Defiant BJP leader Vasundhara
Raje today got a temporary reprieve as the BJP Parliamentary
board deferred a decision on her resignation as leader of
opposition in Rajasthan assembly following the party`s poor
show in Lok Sabha and state polls.
The BJP Parliamentary board, which met here for over
three hours, failed to take a decision on Raje`s resignation
after she refused to step down on her own.
Sources aware of the development said that the issue will
come up again at the next board meeting on October 22.
They, however, added that since bypolls to assembly seats
in Rajasthan are due on November 7, no decision is expected
Meanwhile, Raje, who had been summoned by the party
leadership to Delhi yesterday, did not turn up citing the
absence of Venkaiah Naidu (who is on a trip abroad), who is
the pointsman in the episode.
A senior party leader said in a lighter vein that BJP has
decided against taking major decisions on the occasion of
Prominent Parliamentary board members who were not
present in the meeting included Murli Manohar Joshi, Gopinath
Munde, Venkaiah Naidu and Bal Apte.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?