BJP promises to relocate off shore casinos in Goa
Panaji: Opposition BJP today assured to
relocate the off shore casinos from the state capital once
they come to power in the March 3 Goa assembly polls.
Leader of Opposition Manohar Parrikar, releasing his
manifesto for Panaji constituency, however said that off shore
casinos cannot be scrapped as government has given them
"We are very clear. There will be regularisation of the
casinos. They can`t block the river," he said.
Off shore casinos, which are mounted on huge vessels,
currently anchor in the Mandovi river. As per the licencing
terms, they ought to be working five nautical miles away from
Goa has six off shore casinos. "If required, we will not
renew their licences," Parrikar said responding to a question.
He said that Goans would be banned from entering in off
shore casinos and also persons below 21 years of age will be
barred for entry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing