BJP promises to relocate off shore casinos in Goa
Panaji: Opposition BJP today assured to
relocate the off shore casinos from the state capital once
they come to power in the March 3 Goa assembly polls.
Leader of Opposition Manohar Parrikar, releasing his
manifesto for Panaji constituency, however said that off shore
casinos cannot be scrapped as government has given them
"We are very clear. There will be regularisation of the
casinos. They can`t block the river," he said.
Off shore casinos, which are mounted on huge vessels,
currently anchor in the Mandovi river. As per the licencing
terms, they ought to be working five nautical miles away from
Goa has six off shore casinos. "If required, we will not
renew their licences," Parrikar said responding to a question.
He said that Goans would be banned from entering in off
shore casinos and also persons below 21 years of age will be
barred for entry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh