BJP promises to relocate off shore casinos in Goa
Panaji: Opposition BJP today assured to
relocate the off shore casinos from the state capital once
they come to power in the March 3 Goa assembly polls.
Leader of Opposition Manohar Parrikar, releasing his
manifesto for Panaji constituency, however said that off shore
casinos cannot be scrapped as government has given them
"We are very clear. There will be regularisation of the
casinos. They can`t block the river," he said.
Off shore casinos, which are mounted on huge vessels,
currently anchor in the Mandovi river. As per the licencing
terms, they ought to be working five nautical miles away from
Goa has six off shore casinos. "If required, we will not
renew their licences," Parrikar said responding to a question.
He said that Goans would be banned from entering in off
shore casinos and also persons below 21 years of age will be
barred for entry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!