BJP should control Bainsla: Gehlot
Jaipur: Blaming the previous BJP government for flaring up Gurjar agitation leading to bloodshed and violence, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Friday said that BJP and its leaders including Vasundhara Raje should control Kirori Singh Bainsla`s threat of reviving agitation in the state from July 26.
"The BJP should control Bainsla, so that blood shed
incident of 2008 not be repeated again," Gehlot today told
reporters in his assembly chamber and added, "Till last night
Bainsla had agreed state ministers whom he met, of meeting me
at 9.00 a.m. today, but he skipped the state capital following
connivances with BJP leaders probably."
Gehlot alleged that BJP wants bloodshed so that they can
point a finger towards Congress and said, "We appeal to BJP`s
Gurjar leader Bainsla to maintain law and order and refrain
from any violence while they plan any agitation or protest."
The bill aiming to give reservation to Gurjars was still
pending with the Governor, and the Congress government could
not intervene in it, the CM clarified.
When asked whether the state government revive the old
cases against the Gurjar activists of previous agitation,
Gehlot said, "We are not working against the law and order nor
we are adopting revengeful act against any one".
"Bainsla, who used to say that he was apolitical, and
that he would not contest poll. But his recent defeat in
general elections proved that he is BJP leader and the
saffron party is supporting him," Gehlot said.
As BJP leaders could not digest defeat in assembly and
Lok Sabha polls, they wanted to disturb caste harmony and
unity, which Congress tried to restore in past six months, the
Rajasthan CM said.
"The government is ready for any dialogue with Gurjar
leaders, but it would be within the periphery of law and
constitution," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie