BJP slams vision document of Cong
Lucknow: Slamming the `Vision Document` of
Congress released on Friday, BJP said that before issuing any
document or manifesto the party should first give an account
of the period when it was in power in Uttar Pradesh.
"Those who were traders of votes till now have changed
into traders of dreams," BJP national vice-president and
spokesman Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi told reporters here.
By playing the role of traders of dreams the Congress, SP
and BSP were making an effort to "abduct" votes, he said.
"But people are conscious and will not fall into this
trap," Naqvi said.
"Before issuing any vision document or manifesto Congress
should give an account of price rise, scams, corruption and
unemployment during its eight-year-old regime," he said.
He said that SP and BSP should also give an account of
`goondaraj`, anarchy and corruption during their respective
"Any vision document is incomplete unless and until an
account of the government is given. This is nothing more than
a bunch of lies," he said.
The BJP leaders said it was laughable when champions of
bad governance talk about good governance.
On Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi`s statement in
Punjab that a number of Sikhs were working in Italy, the BJP
leader said, "He has no moral right to say this."
"When people from Italy can come to India and work and
they are holding top positions, what`s harm in people going
from India and working there. They are doing the country proud
by contributing in progress of other country," he said.
Meanwhile, reacting to BJP`s manifesto released today,
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh alleged in Gorakhpur
that the party was inciting communal sentiments.
He alleged that the party has not given any account of
donations collected for the construction of Ram temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Subramanian Swamy tries to raise Mahatma Gandhi's assassination issue in RS
- AAP to woo Dalits by bringing separate ''Dalit manifesto'' in Punjab
- 'Masaan' will always be a special film for me: Richa Chadha
- DoT to issue demand notices this week to 6 telcos for 2006-07
- Not Virat Kohli but Joe Root is the best batsman in cricket: Muhammad Yousuf