BJP state executive demands special category status to Bihar
Katihar: BJP on Sunday demanded a
special category status to Bihar and additional power supply
from the central pool for irrigation purposes in view of the
drought-like situation prevailing in the state.
Resolution to these effects were passed at the
concluding day of the two-day meeting of the state executive
committee in Katihar.
"The Centre should despatch a team of experts to make on
the spot survey of crop damages due to scanty rainfall in the
state," state BJP chief Radha Mohan Singh said.
Singh said that Centre should also conduct survey afresh
to find out the actual number of families living below the
poverty line (BPL).
While the central figure of BPL families in Bihar was 65
lakh, it was actually more than 1.5 crore, Singh said.
Due to lack of rains, state needed additional 300 MW of
electricity in addition to its allocation of 1500 MW from the
central pool for irrigating the parched land, Singh, a Lok
Sabha MP from East Champaran, said.
The executive committee was attended by 300 delegates
from the state which included MPs, MLAs and district
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video