BJP takes a jibe at Rahul after Beni is booed
Balrampur: A day after Union Minister Beni
Prasad Verma faced the ire of voters at a poll rally, BJP
on Thursday questioned how Rahul Gandhi would fulfill the promise of
changing UP in five years when Congress leaders like Verma
were being booed in their own parliamentary constituencies.
"Rahul Gandhi is promising development in all his meetings
throughout the state but how is it possible with his ministers
of the stature of Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma being
hooted and not being allowed to speak in their own
parliamentary constituencies," senior BJP leader Kalraj Misra
"How would the Congress and Rahul Gandhi be able to
fulfil such a promise," Misra said, adding that though
Congress is claiming itself to be the strongest party in the
state, it is its leaders who are facing the maximum
Verma, MP from Gonda, was shouted down by people in his
constituency yesterday in the presence of Congress president
Sonia Gandhi . He had faced a similar situation in November
before Rahul Gandhi.
Terming SP, BSP and Congress as sides of the same
coin, he said these parties were involved in a "mad race" to
"There is a mad race for pleasing the Muslims by granting
"Centre has given 4.5 per cent sub quota to minorities
within 27 per cent quota of the OBCs going against the
constitution which disallows reservation on the basis of
religion", he said, adding now "Congress is promising nine per
cent quota to Muslims while SP and BSP are saying that they
will give 18 per cent reservation which is unconstitutional."
Misra, who is here to campaign for Shailesh Kumar Singh
"Shailu" from Gaisadi seat, alleged that development came to a
standstill under BSP government while corruption was rampant.
"Rahul Gandhi is saying that the picture of the state
would be changed in five years time but he seems to have
forgotten that it was his party which had led the govenremnt
for the maximum period.... Congress has betrayed the people
earlier and is trying to do the same again", Misra said.
Terming both the SP and BSP as "economic offenders", he
alleged that a scam to the tune of Rs 8000 crore under the
NRHM scheme started in 2004 under the SP government.
Attacking the Samajwadi Party, he claimed that people
felt unsafe during Mulayam Singh Yadav government and there
was no rule of the law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla