‘BJP to sweep Gujarat once again in Assembly polls’
New Delhi: A pre-poll survey shows Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s charisma is set to fetch a bigger victory margin for ruling BJP in Assembly Elections in the state with seven more seats while Congress may win just 51 seats this time.
ABP News-Nielsen Gujarat Opinion Poll shows BJP is likely to win 124 seats, seven more than the 117 it won in the last elections in 2007. Congress is likely to end up at 51, eight short of its tally of 59 in the last polls.
Gujarat Assembly has a strength of 182.
Former BJP leader Keshubhai Patel`s Gujarat Parivartan Party is likely to get only three seats, according to the opinion poll. Independents may get four seats, including two to NCP.
Despite Patel`s influence in Saurashtra-Kutch region, BJP is likely to win 39 of the 54 seats there.
The survey also shows around 53 per cent of those polled feel Modi should lead BJP at the Centre in the 2014 General Elections.
The opinion poll predicts activist Arvind Kejriwal`s foray into politics has not caught the imagination of the people and they are not likely to make much of an impact electorally with only 15 per cent of the respondents supporting him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be announced in an hour @ goaresults.nic.in
- Must watch VIDEO: When RCB's Virat Kohli, Chris Gayle performed 'Bhangda'
- Michael Schumacher is 'reacting' to treatment: Ex-Ferrari boss
- This lake in Sikkim will leave you spellbound – In pics
- Pakistan needs to actively pursue terrorist organisations using their soil, says US