Blasting the fabric of India – A Timeline
New Delhi: A chronology of various terrorist activities in India:
12 March 1993 - Series of 13 bombs go off
6 December 2002 - Bomb goes off in a bus in Ghatkopar
27 January 2003 - Bomb goes off on a bicycle in Vile Parle
14 March 2003 - Bomb goes off in a train in Mulund
28 July 2003 - Bomb goes off in a bus in Ghatkopar
25 August 2003 - Two Bombs go off in cars near the Gateway of India and Zaveri Bazaar
11 July 2006 - Series of seven bombs go off in trains
26 November 2008 to 29 November 2008 - Coordinated series of attacks
13 July 2011 - 13 July 2011 Mumbai bombings
Three explosions on 29 October 2005
5 bomb blasts on 13 September 2008.
13 December 2001 - Terrorists attacked the Parliament of India
A series of blasts on 7 March 2006
On 7 December 2010, another blast occurred in Varanasi
According to government officials, 599 civilians, 235 security forces, and 862 terrorists have lost their lives between 1992 and 2000.
18 September 2005, a soldier was killed in Jiribam, Manipur, near the Manipur-Assam border, by members of the ULFA.
14th march 2011: Militants of Ranjan Daimary-led faction ambushed patrolling troop of BSF
18 September 2005: Six separatist rebels were killed in fighting between the Zomi Revolutionary Army and the Zomi Revolutionary Front in the Churachandpur District.
28 December 2005: An attack on IISc
Serial blasts in Bengaluru on 26 July 2008.
25 August 2007 Hyderabad Bombing.
1998 Coimbatore bombings -February 14, 1998: 13 bomb attacks in 11 places , all of them within a 12 km radius
May 2008: Eight serial blasts rock Jaipur in a span of 12 minutes.
January 2008: Terrorist attack on CRPF camp in Rampur.
October 2007: 2 killed in a blast inside Ajmer Sharif shrine during Ramadan.
October 1, 2001: Militants storm Jammu and Kashmir state assembly complex.
May 14, 2002: Militants attack an army camp near Kashmir`s winter capital, Jammu.
September 24, 2002: Militants attack Akshardham temple in the western state of Gujarat.
Compiled by Vineet Sharma
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets