Blood donation: FIR against MLA, Principal lodged
Jaipur: Complying with the court order, police
today lodged an FIR against a Congress MLA, a school Principal
and a government doctor in connection with the blood donation
allegedly by some minor students at a camp here.
The case was registered under the Juvenile Justice Care
and Protection of Child Act, 2000, Narendra Singh, Station
House Officer of Chomu, where the camp was held, said.
The Opposition BJP alleged most of the students who
donated blood at the camp, organised on former Prime Minister
late Rajiv Gandhi`s birth anniversary, were minors.
The incident sparked a furore when a student fell ill
after donating blood and was hospitalised.
The FIR was lodged against MLA Bhagwan Sahay Saini, the
Principal of a senior higher secondary school and a government
doctor, the SHO said.
On Monday, acting on a complaint, a court had ordered
police to register an FIR against the MLA, the Principal, a
doctor and some others.
An official committee, which probed the incident, found
some 20 students, who donated the blood, were minor but were
shown above 18 years in camp`s medical records.
The panel, comprising Additional Collector M P Swamy and
Chief Medical and Health Officer K K Bajaj, submitted its
20-page report to the state administration last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New leaked iPhone 7 images show large cameras
- HILARIOUS: Virender Sehwag wishes former Daredevils team-mate Kevin Pietersen Happy Birthday in funny style!
- Salman Khan's 'Sultan' transformation is truly commendable! Pics inside
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to meet industry chambers, CAs on black money window
- Lionel Messi retires: List of other Argentine footballers who have followed their captain into retirement