Blood donation: FIR against MLA, Principal lodged
Jaipur: Complying with the court order, police
today lodged an FIR against a Congress MLA, a school Principal
and a government doctor in connection with the blood donation
allegedly by some minor students at a camp here.
The case was registered under the Juvenile Justice Care
and Protection of Child Act, 2000, Narendra Singh, Station
House Officer of Chomu, where the camp was held, said.
The Opposition BJP alleged most of the students who
donated blood at the camp, organised on former Prime Minister
late Rajiv Gandhi`s birth anniversary, were minors.
The incident sparked a furore when a student fell ill
after donating blood and was hospitalised.
The FIR was lodged against MLA Bhagwan Sahay Saini, the
Principal of a senior higher secondary school and a government
doctor, the SHO said.
On Monday, acting on a complaint, a court had ordered
police to register an FIR against the MLA, the Principal, a
doctor and some others.
An official committee, which probed the incident, found
some 20 students, who donated the blood, were minor but were
shown above 18 years in camp`s medical records.
The panel, comprising Additional Collector M P Swamy and
Chief Medical and Health Officer K K Bajaj, submitted its
20-page report to the state administration last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre