Blood donation: FIR against MLA, Principal lodged
Jaipur: Complying with the court order, police
today lodged an FIR against a Congress MLA, a school Principal
and a government doctor in connection with the blood donation
allegedly by some minor students at a camp here.
The case was registered under the Juvenile Justice Care
and Protection of Child Act, 2000, Narendra Singh, Station
House Officer of Chomu, where the camp was held, said.
The Opposition BJP alleged most of the students who
donated blood at the camp, organised on former Prime Minister
late Rajiv Gandhi`s birth anniversary, were minors.
The incident sparked a furore when a student fell ill
after donating blood and was hospitalised.
The FIR was lodged against MLA Bhagwan Sahay Saini, the
Principal of a senior higher secondary school and a government
doctor, the SHO said.
On Monday, acting on a complaint, a court had ordered
police to register an FIR against the MLA, the Principal, a
doctor and some others.
An official committee, which probed the incident, found
some 20 students, who donated the blood, were minor but were
shown above 18 years in camp`s medical records.
The panel, comprising Additional Collector M P Swamy and
Chief Medical and Health Officer K K Bajaj, submitted its
20-page report to the state administration last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister