`Bloomberg considering bid for BusinessWeek`
New York: Global news service provider Bloomberg is considering a bid for American magazine BusinessWeek, says a media report.
BusinessWeek`s staff is spread across different parts of
the world including India.
Attributing to people familiar with the matter, The Wall
Street Journal said, Bloomberg LP is considering a bid for
BusinessWeek magazine as the deadline for offers approaches.
Investment bank Lazard Ltd Chief Executive Bruce Wasserstein and private-equity firms OpenGate Capital and Platinum Equity LLC have all expressed interest for the bids which are due next week, the report said citing people with knowledge of the situation.
According to the publication, in July, McGraw-Hill Cos,
owner of BusinessWeek, said it was putting the magazine on the
block. Since then, McGraw-Hill and its investment bank,
Evercore Partners Inc, have had discussions with several
The report noted that Bloomberg`s interest in
BusinessWeek, which further crowds the field of potential
bidders, reflects the financial-information provider`s
continuing expansion beyond its core business.
Bloomberg has also hired Time Inc and Wall Street Journal
veteran Norman Pearlstine to look for ways to capitalise on
its media assets and has recruited former NBC News president
Andrew Lack to run the company`s TV, radio and Web units, it
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door