`Bloomberg considering bid for BusinessWeek`
New York: Global news service provider Bloomberg is considering a bid for American magazine BusinessWeek, says a media report.
BusinessWeek`s staff is spread across different parts of
the world including India.
Attributing to people familiar with the matter, The Wall
Street Journal said, Bloomberg LP is considering a bid for
BusinessWeek magazine as the deadline for offers approaches.
Investment bank Lazard Ltd Chief Executive Bruce Wasserstein and private-equity firms OpenGate Capital and Platinum Equity LLC have all expressed interest for the bids which are due next week, the report said citing people with knowledge of the situation.
According to the publication, in July, McGraw-Hill Cos,
owner of BusinessWeek, said it was putting the magazine on the
block. Since then, McGraw-Hill and its investment bank,
Evercore Partners Inc, have had discussions with several
The report noted that Bloomberg`s interest in
BusinessWeek, which further crowds the field of potential
bidders, reflects the financial-information provider`s
continuing expansion beyond its core business.
Bloomberg has also hired Time Inc and Wall Street Journal
veteran Norman Pearlstine to look for ways to capitalise on
its media assets and has recruited former NBC News president
Andrew Lack to run the company`s TV, radio and Web units, it
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents