BOA chiefs suspended from 2012 board meetings
London: British Olympic Association (BOA) chairman Colin Moynihan and chief executive Andy Hunt have been suspended from London 2012 organising committee board meetings because of a row over funding.
"Colin Moynihan and Andy Hunt remain directors of (London 2012 Organising Committee) LOCOG," a London 2012 spokesman said.
"The LOCOG board has decided to exclude them from board meetings whilst they are individually and actively involved in pursuing a dispute against LOCOG."
The BOA are unhappy about how surplus money from the Games will be allocated and have taken their case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) after the International Olympic Committee (IOC) sided with LOCOG.
Hunt warned recently that the BOA faced a funding shortfall as it prepares the British team for next year`s Games.
The BOA wants 20 percent of any surplus from the Games before the costs of staging the loss-making Paralympics are taken into account -- a request that put the organisation at loggerheads with LOCOG.
A LOCOG spokesman said Moynihan and Hunt were free to send alternative representatives to its board meetings.
"The BOA is ably represented on the LOCOG board by HRH the Princess Royal (Anne), Craig Reedie, Philip Craven and Adam Pengilly, all of whom are on the BOA board," the spokesman said.
LOCOG chairman Sebastian Coe said last week that the situation "would be sorted out" and was not overshadowing last week`s launch of ticket sales for the Games.
He also denied that the BOA`s funding shortage would have an impact on the home medal haul.
"The BOA have raised a very narrow, very technical point and it will be resolved," he told reporters on the day more than six million tickets were made available.
"It doesn`t impact remotely on the performance of the athletes because that`s not what the BOA does. That`s done by UK Sport and through government funding.”
"It also doesn`t impact on the staging of the Games because that`s what LOCOG does and we`re getting on with it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss
- 225 killed or missing in China torrential rains; 2.5 lakh people trapped
- Elvis Presley almost choked himself to death with drugs