Boca player tearfully accuses opponent of racist threat
London: Colombian defender Breyner Bonilla of Boca Juniors wept in front of the cameras on Thursday as he accused an opponent of a racist insult during an Argentine league match.
Bonilla was surrounded by veteran striker Esteban Fuertes and other Colon players during Boca`s 3-0 defeat last week after the Colombian brought down midfielder Facundo Bertoglio with a studs-up tackle that earned him a red card.
Bonilla told television broadcaster TyC Sports that Fuertes had threatened him, saying: "I`m going to break your bones you black shit, go back to Africa."
"One feels impotence when people say you want to hurt an adversary. We`re all South Americans and I came here to work, not to rob someone," added the 23-year-old as he wept.
Fuertes denied he had made a racist remark to Bonilla.
"I`m surprised by all this," he told TyC. "With Bonilla we clashed and exchanged words during the match but at no time did I call him `a black`. (Boca`s Paraguayan defender Claudio) Morel is a witness because he was right beside me," the 37-year-old said.
The Argentine Football Association was unable to provide immediate comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical