Bodoland area should be violence free: Gogoi
Kokrajhar: Assam Chief Minister, Tarun
Gogoi today said peace had to return to the troubled Bodoland
area for ensuring all round development of the state.
Speaking on the occasion of the eighth `Bodoland Day`
here, the chief minister said the area was an important part
of the state in terms of peace and development.
He said despite odds under the Bodoland Territorial
Council (BTC) chief, Hagrama Mohilary rapid development had
taken place in the area.
Later talking to reporters, Gogoi said Congress`
alliance with Mahilary`s Bodoland Progressive Front (BPF)
would continue in the assembly elections next year.
The chief minister hoped that the anti-talk faction of
the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) would follow
the now disbanded Bodoland Liberation Tigers (BLT) and come
forward for talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you