BofA-Merrill raises TCS rating to "buy"
Mumbai: Bank of America-Merrill Lynch has upgraded top software services firm Tata Consultancy Services to "buy" from "underperform", the investment bank said in a research note on Monday.
Late on Friday, Tata Consultancy reported a 33 percent rise in quarterly profit, beating street estimates as demand for outsourcing surged and prices stabilised.
"TCS should be a beneficiary of stabilising IT budgets and a pick up in offshoring, particularly the banking, financial services and insurance vertical," Bank of America-Merrill Lynch said in a note.
The investment bank had last week upgraded Infosys Technologies, the No. 2 software services exporter to "buy" from "underperform".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital