BofA-Merrill raises TCS rating to "buy"
Mumbai: Bank of America-Merrill Lynch has upgraded top software services firm Tata Consultancy Services to "buy" from "underperform", the investment bank said in a research note on Monday.
Late on Friday, Tata Consultancy reported a 33 percent rise in quarterly profit, beating street estimates as demand for outsourcing surged and prices stabilised.
"TCS should be a beneficiary of stabilising IT budgets and a pick up in offshoring, particularly the banking, financial services and insurance vertical," Bank of America-Merrill Lynch said in a note.
The investment bank had last week upgraded Infosys Technologies, the No. 2 software services exporter to "buy" from "underperform".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah