BofA-Merrill raises TCS rating to "buy"
Mumbai: Bank of America-Merrill Lynch has upgraded top software services firm Tata Consultancy Services to "buy" from "underperform", the investment bank said in a research note on Monday.
Late on Friday, Tata Consultancy reported a 33 percent rise in quarterly profit, beating street estimates as demand for outsourcing surged and prices stabilised.
"TCS should be a beneficiary of stabilising IT budgets and a pick up in offshoring, particularly the banking, financial services and insurance vertical," Bank of America-Merrill Lynch said in a note.
The investment bank had last week upgraded Infosys Technologies, the No. 2 software services exporter to "buy" from "underperform".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'