Bollywood joins Hazare`s anti-corruption protest
New Delhi: More Bollywood bigwigs Friday
joined Anna Hazare`s protest at Jantar Mantar for an effective
Lokpal Bill saying the country needs to weed out corruption at
Director Farah Khan, actor Anupam Kher, music director
Vishal of Vishal-Sekhar duo, poet-filmmaker Pritish Nandy and
actor Tom Alter visited Jantar Mantar during the day to
express solidarity with Hazare and others fighting for the
> "I have three children. I don`t want them to brought
up in a corrupt country. I appeal to all Indian mothers to
join us," Khan said addressing the gathering.
She was seconded by Kher who said, "The government
should stop ignoring the voices of the nation and take action
Vishal lamented that the bill did not get through
despite being introduced in the Parliament eight times.
"It has to be done now. I appeal to the youth of the
country to join this agitation," he said.
The veteran social activist`s fast-unto-death against
corruption has found many supportive voices in Bollywood,
including superstars Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan and Amitabh
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray