Bollywood joins in `dahi handi` festivities
Mumbai: Bollywood made the `dahi handi` celebrations popular by depicting it on the silver screen.
So, when the entire city is abuzz with `Govindas` vying for prized dahi handis, prominent film personalities have tweeted their wishes on the occasion.
Superstar Amitabh Bachchan said, "Happy Janmashtami! Reminded of my song `mach gaya shor...` from ‘Khuddar’...hathi ghoda palki, jai kanhaiya lal ki !! Love peace happiness to all…"
Actor Riteish Deshmukh, tweeted: "Govinda Aala re aala, zara matki sambhal brijbala`. Drums playing all over…love festivities (sic)."
Shahid Kapoor was a bit mild, saying: "Happy Janmashtami to all."
Actress Dia Mirza said: "Dahi handi can cause quite a stir in Mumbai! It proves, to reach out to your hearts` desires you need to combine love, trust n balance! (sic)"
Shammi Kapoor, whose `Govinda Ala Re` number by Rafi in `Bluff Master` (1963) was a trend setter for Bollywood songs of this genre, is so far silent on the festivities around!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price