Bollywood joins in `dahi handi` festivities
Mumbai: Bollywood made the `dahi handi` celebrations popular by depicting it on the silver screen.
So, when the entire city is abuzz with `Govindas` vying for prized dahi handis, prominent film personalities have tweeted their wishes on the occasion.
Superstar Amitabh Bachchan said, "Happy Janmashtami! Reminded of my song `mach gaya shor...` from ‘Khuddar’...hathi ghoda palki, jai kanhaiya lal ki !! Love peace happiness to all…"
Actor Riteish Deshmukh, tweeted: "Govinda Aala re aala, zara matki sambhal brijbala`. Drums playing all over…love festivities (sic)."
Shahid Kapoor was a bit mild, saying: "Happy Janmashtami to all."
Actress Dia Mirza said: "Dahi handi can cause quite a stir in Mumbai! It proves, to reach out to your hearts` desires you need to combine love, trust n balance! (sic)"
Shammi Kapoor, whose `Govinda Ala Re` number by Rafi in `Bluff Master` (1963) was a trend setter for Bollywood songs of this genre, is so far silent on the festivities around!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?