Bolt beats Lemaitre in Paris 200 metres
Paris: Usain Bolt comfortably won the 200 metres at the Paris Diamond League meeting on Friday despite French rival Christophe Lemaitre running a season`s best of 20.21 seconds.
With the Aug. 27-Sept. 4 world championships in Daegu fast approaching, Jamaican world record holder Bolt clocked 20.03 as he upped his preparation for defending his 100 and 200 titles.
Former Olympic champion Jeremy Wariner was only fourth in the men`s 400 won by Chris Brown while Oscar Pistorius again failed to set a qualifying time for Daegu.
Bespectacled world record holder Dayron Robles of Cuba just edged the 110 hurdles from American rival David Oliver and world champion Caster Semenya prevailed in the women`s 800.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air