Bolt beats Lemaitre in Paris 200 metres
Paris: Usain Bolt comfortably won the 200 metres at the Paris Diamond League meeting on Friday despite French rival Christophe Lemaitre running a season`s best of 20.21 seconds.
With the Aug. 27-Sept. 4 world championships in Daegu fast approaching, Jamaican world record holder Bolt clocked 20.03 as he upped his preparation for defending his 100 and 200 titles.
Former Olympic champion Jeremy Wariner was only fourth in the men`s 400 won by Chris Brown while Oscar Pistorius again failed to set a qualifying time for Daegu.
Bespectacled world record holder Dayron Robles of Cuba just edged the 110 hurdles from American rival David Oliver and world champion Caster Semenya prevailed in the women`s 800.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH