Bolt predicts return in two weeks
New York: Triple Olympic champion Usain Bolt is on the road to recovery from a sore Achilles that kept him off the track for two weeks, the Jamaican said on Saturday.
“So far it’s feeling good and the treatment is working,” Bolt told NBC television in an interview at the New York Diamond League meeting, where he was a spectator.
He had been scheduled to run a 100 metres but pulled out late last month as a precautionary measure after his left Achilles became inflamed.
Wearing a white New York Yankees cap and a long-sleeve sweatshirt, Bolt watched fellow Jamaican Veronica Campbell-Brown run the year’s fastest women’s 200 metres before chatting about his recovery and the upcoming season.
“It is not serious, but my doctor said you have got to take an Achilles injury very seriously so he told me to take a couple of weeks off to make sure I could get better,” Bolt said.
“I’ll be starting back (training) next week.”
His next race will be a 200 metres in Lausanne on July 8.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know