Bolt to headline Paris Diamond League meet
Paris: World and Olympic double sprint champion Usain Bolt of Jamaica will race in this season’s Diamond League meeting in Paris on July 8, organisers confirmed Sunday.
It will be the Jamaican’s third consecutive appearance in the French capital, but his first time to run the 200m at the Stade de France.
Bolt, the Olympic and world champion and world record holder in the 100m, 200m and 4x100m relay, last year clocked 9.84sec to beat compatriot Asafa Powell.
In 2009 he ran a sizzling 9.79sec in cold and windy conditions just one month before his double victory at the World Championships in Berlin where he set both of his current world records of 9.58 and 19.19.
Bolt will defend his world titles in the South Korean city of Daegu in August and kicks off his Diamond League season in Rome on May 26 over 100m. He is also scheduled to race the 200m in Oslo on June 9.
While it remains to be confirmed, Bolt may take on rising French sprint star Christophe Lemaitre, the triple European champion, in Paris, organisers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...