Bolt to headline Paris Diamond League meet
Paris: World and Olympic double sprint champion Usain Bolt of Jamaica will race in this season’s Diamond League meeting in Paris on July 8, organisers confirmed Sunday.
It will be the Jamaican’s third consecutive appearance in the French capital, but his first time to run the 200m at the Stade de France.
Bolt, the Olympic and world champion and world record holder in the 100m, 200m and 4x100m relay, last year clocked 9.84sec to beat compatriot Asafa Powell.
In 2009 he ran a sizzling 9.79sec in cold and windy conditions just one month before his double victory at the World Championships in Berlin where he set both of his current world records of 9.58 and 19.19.
Bolt will defend his world titles in the South Korean city of Daegu in August and kicks off his Diamond League season in Rome on May 26 over 100m. He is also scheduled to race the 200m in Oslo on June 9.
While it remains to be confirmed, Bolt may take on rising French sprint star Christophe Lemaitre, the triple European champion, in Paris, organisers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?