Bolt to headline Paris Diamond League meet
Paris: World and Olympic double sprint champion Usain Bolt of Jamaica will race in this season’s Diamond League meeting in Paris on July 8, organisers confirmed Sunday.
It will be the Jamaican’s third consecutive appearance in the French capital, but his first time to run the 200m at the Stade de France.
Bolt, the Olympic and world champion and world record holder in the 100m, 200m and 4x100m relay, last year clocked 9.84sec to beat compatriot Asafa Powell.
In 2009 he ran a sizzling 9.79sec in cold and windy conditions just one month before his double victory at the World Championships in Berlin where he set both of his current world records of 9.58 and 19.19.
Bolt will defend his world titles in the South Korean city of Daegu in August and kicks off his Diamond League season in Rome on May 26 over 100m. He is also scheduled to race the 200m in Oslo on June 9.
While it remains to be confirmed, Bolt may take on rising French sprint star Christophe Lemaitre, the triple European champion, in Paris, organisers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days