Bolt to make Monaco debut in 100m
Paris: World and Olympic double sprint champion Usain Bolt of Jamaica will race in this season’s Diamond League meeting in Monaco on July 22, organisers confirmed Thursday.
Bolt will run the 100m in what should be a key warm-up ahead of the August 27-September 4 World Athletics Championships in Daegu, South Korea.
“I am really looking forward to running for the first time in Monaco,” said Bolt. “I have been there several times at the IAAF Gala but have never actually competed there.
“Monaco is a beautiful place ... I like the warm weather and the fast track and hope to perform well in the Herculis meeting for its 25th anniversary.”
The 24-year-old, who set world records in the 100 (9.58sec) and 200m (19.19) at the 2009 world champs in Berlin, will also race in Diamond League events in Rome on May 26, Oslo on June 9 and Paris on July 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid