Bolt won`t relax with hurt Gay out of world c`ship
Kingston: Usain Bolt will not ease off in his world championships preparations because American rival Tyson Gay is out of the competition, the Jamaican said on Saturday.
"I will not relax at all, as I know and expect strong challenges from even my own team mates in Jamaica and the Caribbean," triple world champion Bolt said in a statement issued by his publicist.
Bolt extended his sympathy to world 100 metres silver medallist Gay, who scratched from the U.S. trials because of hip problems, but said his schedule and build-up for the Aug. 27-Sept. 4 meeting in Daegu, South Korea, would not change.
The 24-year-old will defend both his 100 and 200m titles from the 2009 world championships in Berlin, where he smashed his own world records from the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
With a bye to both events at Daegu as title-holder, Bolt sat out of the Jamaican trials over the weekend where former 100m record holder Asafa Powell won the event.
Bolt said he would return to competition on July 8 with a 200m in Paris.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days