Bomb threat on Indigo plane turns out to be hoax
New Delhi: An alarm was created on Wednesday afternoon when an Indigo plane carrying 130 passengers was grounded at Delhi airport due to a bomb threat.
Indigo flight 6E-203 flying from Delhi to Kolkata was halted in Delhi when the company’s call centre in Gurgaon received a threat call about a bomb on that flight at 4.05 pm. It turned out to be a hoax call. The flight left for its destination around 7.30 pm
finally, after a delay of about three hours.
The airlines informed about the threat call to the ATC,
which alerted the security agencies. They then cordoned off
the plane and passengers were deboarded and baggages
off-loaded, the official said.
Nothing suspicious was found on the plane and it was declared a hoax call. All passengers were safe.
"All the passengers on the aircraft were safe and the
airline was committed to provide the highest levels of
security and safety for its passengers at all times," Indigo
President, Aditya Ghosh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days