Bomb threat on Indigo plane turns out to be hoax
New Delhi: An alarm was created on Wednesday afternoon when an Indigo plane carrying 130 passengers was grounded at Delhi airport due to a bomb threat.
Indigo flight 6E-203 flying from Delhi to Kolkata was halted in Delhi when the company’s call centre in Gurgaon received a threat call about a bomb on that flight at 4.05 pm. It turned out to be a hoax call. The flight left for its destination around 7.30 pm
finally, after a delay of about three hours.
The airlines informed about the threat call to the ATC,
which alerted the security agencies. They then cordoned off
the plane and passengers were deboarded and baggages
off-loaded, the official said.
Nothing suspicious was found on the plane and it was declared a hoax call. All passengers were safe.
"All the passengers on the aircraft were safe and the
airline was committed to provide the highest levels of
security and safety for its passengers at all times," Indigo
President, Aditya Ghosh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie