Bombay HC makes Pawar respondent to IPL case
Mumbai: Congress party’s union minister and ex-BCCI president Sharad Pawar was on Wednesday issued a notice by the Bombay High Court, making him and the Centre respondents to the IPL controversy.
BCCI’s billion dollar domestic T20 League, IPL, is embroiled in allegations ranging from fund misappropriation to black money laundering and its chief Lalit Modi’s ouster did not completely let the other concerned parties off the hook, as the latest order from the Bombay high Court makes Pawar party to the entire fiasco that involved names from the political as well as the capitalist arena.
Reprimanding the Congress government, the HC asked, “Is there any code of conduct for ministers holding posts in sports bodies?”
The notice comes at a time when Raj Thackeray led MNS is raising the entire controversy as a fraud against the nation and is calling for its complete ban.
Bombay High Court also directed that Union of India be made a party to a PIL filed by a Shiv Sena leader regarding levy of entertainment tax on IPL.
The court also allowed the petitioner Shiv Sena Subhash Desai to make Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar a party to the case since there are some allegation against him in the petition.
The PIL demands that Maharashtra government should recover entertainment tax from the IPL organisers.
It also alleges that the state government in January this year had decided to levy entertainment tax on IPL, but the decision was not implemented.
The court adjourned the hearing till June 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'