Bombs used in Kozhikode twin blasts devised in Kannur
Kannur: The bombs used in the 2006 twin blasts in Kozhikode was assembled in a rented accommodation in the heart of the city, Abdul Halim, a prime accused in the case, disclosed on Wednesday, police said.
Halim, who was brought here from Kozhikode as part
of the investigation into the case, told police that the
bombs were devised in a room at the busy South Bazar locality
here with assistance from elusive T Naseer, who is said to
have developed a terror network from Kerala with
Lashker-e-Taiba outfit, a top Crime Branch official told PTI.
Halim confessed that another absconding youth identified
as Azhar, hailing from Panur in the district, also joined the
duo in putting together the bombs used in the blasts at two
bus shelters in Kozhikode in which two persons, including a
policeman, were injured,the official said.
Halim, a native of Kannur from where he was picked up
by the police a few days ago, was also taken to Anayidukku
here by investigating officials this afternoon, the official
Halim was remanded to 10 days police custody on
Monday after his arrest in Kochi last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone