Bond prices firm up, call rate improves
Mumbai: Government bond prices firmed up due to fresh demand from banks and corporates and call rates also ended higher at 3.50 per cent on the overnight call money market here on Wednesday owing to good demand from borrowing banks.
The overnight call money rate finished higher at 3.50 per cent as against 3.35 per cent yesterday, after moving in a wide range of 4.50 per cent and 3.00 per cent.
The 7.02 per cent government security maturing in 2016 shot up to Rs 97.85 from Rs 97.65 yesterday, while its yield moved down to 7.43 per cent from 7.47 per cent.
The 6.90 per cent government security maturing in 2019 firmed up to Rs 94.75 from Rs 94.55 while its yield fell to Rs 6.69 per cent from 7.72 per cent.
The 8.28 per cent government security maturing in 2032 rose to Rs 99.90 from Rs 99.70 while its yield looked down to Rs 8.29 per cent from Rs 8.31 per cent.
The 6.35 per cent government security maturing in 2020, the 8.24 per cent government security maturing in 2027 and the 6.49 per cent government security maturing in 2015 were also quoted higher at Rs 91.40, Rs 100.00 and Rs 95.84, respectively.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) under the Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF) mopped up Rs 65,575 crore from 41 bids at the one day reverse repo auction at the rate of 3.25 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?