Bond prices firm up, call rate improves
Mumbai: Government bond prices firmed up due to fresh demand from banks and corporates and call rates also ended higher at 3.50 per cent on the overnight call money market here on Wednesday owing to good demand from borrowing banks.
The overnight call money rate finished higher at 3.50 per cent as against 3.35 per cent yesterday, after moving in a wide range of 4.50 per cent and 3.00 per cent.
The 7.02 per cent government security maturing in 2016 shot up to Rs 97.85 from Rs 97.65 yesterday, while its yield moved down to 7.43 per cent from 7.47 per cent.
The 6.90 per cent government security maturing in 2019 firmed up to Rs 94.75 from Rs 94.55 while its yield fell to Rs 6.69 per cent from 7.72 per cent.
The 8.28 per cent government security maturing in 2032 rose to Rs 99.90 from Rs 99.70 while its yield looked down to Rs 8.29 per cent from Rs 8.31 per cent.
The 6.35 per cent government security maturing in 2020, the 8.24 per cent government security maturing in 2027 and the 6.49 per cent government security maturing in 2015 were also quoted higher at Rs 91.40, Rs 100.00 and Rs 95.84, respectively.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) under the Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF) mopped up Rs 65,575 crore from 41 bids at the one day reverse repo auction at the rate of 3.25 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical