Bonds worth over Rs 10,000 cr issued to three oil PSUs
New Delhi: The government on Tuesday issued bonds
worth over Rs 10,000 crore to three oil marketing PSUs to
compensate them for the losses incurred on account of selling
petroleum products below market price.
While bonds worth Rs 6,207.06 were issued to Indian Oil
Corporation, Rs 2,033.99 crore worth bonds were given to
Hindustan Petroleum Corp and Rs 2,065.28 crore bonds were
given to Bharat Petroleum Corp.
The Government of India (GoI) Special Bonds carry coupon
rate of 8.20 per cent and would mature in 2024, an official
statement said here.
The bonds were issued to these companies as they incur
losses by selling petrol, diesel kerosene and domestic LPG
"The special bonds are being issued to three oil
marketing companies as compensation towards the estimated
under-recoveries on account of sale of sensitive petroleum
products during the current financial year," the statement
These companies lose on account of selling petrol and
diesel below cost, but that would be compensated by upstream
firms like ONGC by way of discounts on crude oil and LPG they
sell to the three retailers.
The three firms lose about Rs 170 crore per day and
may end this fiscal with Rs 44,274 crore of losses if global
crude prices were to stay at the current level of 70 dollars a
The investment in these bonds would not be counted for
the mandatory requirement for banks and insurers to keep
certain portion of their liabilities on government approved
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25