Bookie accused in match-fixing scandal arrested
In a major breakthrough in the match-fixing scandal, Delhi Police have arrested one of the main accused from the Inter State Bus Terminus (ISBT) raising the number of arrests in the case to three, police sources said. Acting on a tip-off, a team of Delhi Police Crime Branch headed by Inspector Surender Sharma nabbed Sunil Dara alias Bittoo, a main bookie, at the ISBT on Friday evening, the sources said.
Police was on look out for him ever since the match fixing scandal came into light on April 6 and had raided his residential premises in South Delhi. Dara had gone underground as the Police teams fanned out to various parts to nab him. Besides Dara, Delhi Police has arrested Rajesh Kalra and Bollywood actor Krishen Kumar, who are both out on bail.
The accused was produced before Metropolitan Magistrate M C Gupta who remanded him to nine-days Police remand till August 14. The counsel for police demanded a remand for 11 days which was, however, rejected. Police alleged that Dara was the third channel of match fixing with the other two being Rajesh Kalra and Sanjeev Chawla and Krishen Kumar and all the four used to work in tandem with each other. They alleged that Dara used to operate from his residence in Lajpat Nagar.
Report : Zeenext Bureau
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter