Bookies back Spain to lift World Cup
Cape Town: Leading South African bookies, GreatOdds, are backing Spain to win Sunday’s World Cup final against the Netherlands.
GreatOdds have Spain on offer at 23/20 to win their first ever World Cup title, while Netherlands, who are appearing in their third final, are being backed at 13/5, Sport24 reports. draw is being offered at 11/5.
Reigning European champions, Spain, have so far lost only one game in the tournament.
They lost their opening Group stage match 1-0 to Switzerland, and then registered wins over Honduras (2-1) and Chile (2-1). In the Round of 16 they accounted for Portugal 1-0, before beating Paraguay 1-0 in the quarterfinals and Germany 1-0 in the semis.
Netherlands is unbeaten in the tournament so far, with Group stage victories over Denmark (2-0), Japan (1-0) and Cameroon (2-1) before hey beat Slovakia 2-1 in the Round of 16, Brazil 2-1 in the quarterfinals and Uruguay 3-2 in the semi-finals.
Meanwhile, Germany is being backed for the playoff for third position to be played in Port Elizabeth on Saturday.
Germany is rated at 13/20, while Uruguay at 15/4. A draw is on offer at 11/4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi