Bopanna bows out of Kuala Lumpur Open
Kuala Lumpur: Rohan Bopanna`s dream run at the ATP Kuala Lumpur Open ended after losing a valiant fight
against World number 12 Fernando Gonzalez of Chile in the
second round of the event here today.
Bopanna, who entered the tournament via qualifying, put
up a brave fight before losing 4-6 6-3 4-6 to the fourth seed
Gonzalez in the USD 947,750 hard court event.
Bopanna had shocked world number 51 Jose Acasuso in the
opening round of the main draw.
The Indian Davis Cupper fetched 20 ranking points and got
richer by USD 14,760 for his effort.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living