Bopanna falls in Atlanta qualifiers
New Delhi: Rohan Bopanna`s struggle on the singles circuit continued as he failed to qualify for the main draw of the Atlanta Tennis Championships in USA after losing in the second round to third seed Harel Levy.
Bopanna, who has been doing quite well in the doubles, lost 4-6 6-7 (3) to his Israeli opponent at the USD 531,000 hard court event.
The Indian had beaten American John Valenti 6-1 6-1 in the opening round.
Bopanna will now compete in the doubles draw for which he has partnered Kristof Vliegen of Belgium.
The pair will open its campaign against Thai pair of Sanchai and Sonchat Ratiwatana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter