Bopanna jumps to career best 19, Somdev out of top-100 again
New Delhi: Rohan Bopanna achieved his career-best rank of 19 in the doubles ATP chart following his stupendous run at the US Open, where he won the runners-up trophy along with Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi of Pakistan.
Following his stunning show, Bopanna jumped 14 positions in the double chart and his team with Aisam is now ranked six in the world.
Bopanna and Aisam lost to American world number one Mike and Bob Bryan.
Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi`s ranking suffered after a no show at the last Grand Slam of the year.
Paes slipped to eighth from sixth position and Bhupathi moved out of top-10 to be at 13, a loss of five spots.
In the singles, Somdev`s first round loss at US Open reflected in his ranking as he again moved out of top-100 and now stands at 113, a loss of 15 positions.
Meanwhile, Sania Mirza also improved her WTA ranking by one place to 159.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...