Bopanna notches up 100th career doubles win
Eastbourne: Rohan Bopanna recorded his 100th career doubles win on Wednesday after he and Aisam ul-Haq Qureshi scored a straight-set victory over Spaniards Pablo Andujar and Guillermo Garcia-Lopez at the AEGON International.
Bopanna and Qureshi defeated the Spaniard duo 6-3 6-4 in 65 minutes, hitting five aces and winning 71 per cent of their service points, to advance to the quarter-finals. Bopanna, who today rose to career-best ninth in ATP doubles rankings, now has a career doubles win-loss record of 100-75 while Aisam`s career statistics read 96-70. The Indo-Pak pair will meet the duo of Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria and Andreas Seppi of Italy in the quarter-finals.
Last week, Bopanna and Aisam captured their second ATP World Tour team title at the Gerry Weber Open in Halle, Germany. They have a 22-12 win-loss record in the season so
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress