Bopanna notches up 100th career doubles win
Eastbourne: Rohan Bopanna recorded his 100th career doubles win on Wednesday after he and Aisam ul-Haq Qureshi scored a straight-set victory over Spaniards Pablo Andujar and Guillermo Garcia-Lopez at the AEGON International.
Bopanna and Qureshi defeated the Spaniard duo 6-3 6-4 in 65 minutes, hitting five aces and winning 71 per cent of their service points, to advance to the quarter-finals. Bopanna, who today rose to career-best ninth in ATP doubles rankings, now has a career doubles win-loss record of 100-75 while Aisam`s career statistics read 96-70. The Indo-Pak pair will meet the duo of Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria and Andreas Seppi of Italy in the quarter-finals.
Last week, Bopanna and Aisam captured their second ATP World Tour team title at the Gerry Weber Open in Halle, Germany. They have a 22-12 win-loss record in the season so
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!