Bopanna-Qureshi in Chennai Open quarter-finals
Chennai: The second seed Indo-Pak combine of Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi progressed to the doubles quarter-finals of the Chennai Open with a 6-3 7-6 (3) win over Brazil`s Marcos Daniel and Argentine Eduardo Schwank here on Wednesday.
It was a hard earned win for the `Indo-Pak Express` as the Brazilian-Argentine pair gave them a good fight.
Bopanna and Qureshi broke their rivals once and crucially saved three breakpoints in the opening set to take lead in 28 minutes.
Daniel and Schwank came back well from the first set deficit and did their best to stretch the second one to a tie-breaker but the experienced Indo-Pak combine kept their cool to win points at crucial moments and came out winners.
They converted their second of the four match poinst when Daniel failed to put across a Qureshi serve.
"This was my first match and I was little rusty. You are happy when you win a match at the start of the season and Inshan Allah I hope that I am able to better my performance in the second match," Qureshi said after the match.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India