Bopanna-Qureshi in Chennai Open quarter-finals
Chennai: The second seed Indo-Pak combine of Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi progressed to the doubles quarter-finals of the Chennai Open with a 6-3 7-6 (3) win over Brazil`s Marcos Daniel and Argentine Eduardo Schwank here on Wednesday.
It was a hard earned win for the `Indo-Pak Express` as the Brazilian-Argentine pair gave them a good fight.
Bopanna and Qureshi broke their rivals once and crucially saved three breakpoints in the opening set to take lead in 28 minutes.
Daniel and Schwank came back well from the first set deficit and did their best to stretch the second one to a tie-breaker but the experienced Indo-Pak combine kept their cool to win points at crucial moments and came out winners.
They converted their second of the four match poinst when Daniel failed to put across a Qureshi serve.
"This was my first match and I was little rusty. You are happy when you win a match at the start of the season and Inshan Allah I hope that I am able to better my performance in the second match," Qureshi said after the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown