Bopanna-Qureshi in pre-quarters of Miami event
Miami: Rohan Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi warded off late resistance from the German-American pair of Philipp Kohlschreiber and Rajeev Ram to enter the pre-quarterfinals of the Sony Ericsson Open.
The seventh-seeded Indo-Pakistani pair beat the unseeded rival team 6-3 7-6(5). Bopanna and Qureshi will next face the Slovak-Belarussian pair of Michal Mertinak and Dick Norman.
Bopanna and Qureshi frittered away four break points in the opening set itself but managed to convert one against their rivals` none to get the edge. The second set was a closer battle but Mertinak and Norman once again wasted the opportunities they got converting just one of the seven break points they earned.
Bopanna and Qureshi, however, negated that by converting the only break they got.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown