Bopanna-Qureshi in pre-quarters of Miami event
Miami: Rohan Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi warded off late resistance from the German-American pair of Philipp Kohlschreiber and Rajeev Ram to enter the pre-quarterfinals of the Sony Ericsson Open.
The seventh-seeded Indo-Pakistani pair beat the unseeded rival team 6-3 7-6(5). Bopanna and Qureshi will next face the Slovak-Belarussian pair of Michal Mertinak and Dick Norman.
Bopanna and Qureshi frittered away four break points in the opening set itself but managed to convert one against their rivals` none to get the edge. The second set was a closer battle but Mertinak and Norman once again wasted the opportunities they got converting just one of the seven break points they earned.
Bopanna and Qureshi, however, negated that by converting the only break they got.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents