Bopanna-Qureshi in pre-quarters of Miami event
Miami: Rohan Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi warded off late resistance from the German-American pair of Philipp Kohlschreiber and Rajeev Ram to enter the pre-quarterfinals of the Sony Ericsson Open.
The seventh-seeded Indo-Pakistani pair beat the unseeded rival team 6-3 7-6(5). Bopanna and Qureshi will next face the Slovak-Belarussian pair of Michal Mertinak and Dick Norman.
Bopanna and Qureshi frittered away four break points in the opening set itself but managed to convert one against their rivals` none to get the edge. The second set was a closer battle but Mertinak and Norman once again wasted the opportunities they got converting just one of the seven break points they earned.
Bopanna and Qureshi, however, negated that by converting the only break they got.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack