Bopanna-Qureshi in quarter-finals of Miami Masters
Miami: Rohan Bopanna and his Pakistani
partner Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi eked out a hard earned win over
Michael Mertinak of Slovakia and Dick Norman of Belgium to
book a place in the quarter-finals of the Sony Ericsson Open
The seventh-seed Indo-Pak pair defeated their unseeded
rivals 7-6(4), 3-6, 10-8 in the second round of the hard court
They will lock horn with giant-killers Oliver Marach of
Austria and Serbia`s Janko Tipsarevic, who shocked top seeds
and local favourites Bob and Mike Bryan 7-5, 6-4 in their
The Indian pair of Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi,
seeded third, is up against Spanish pair of Marc Lopez and
David Marrero in their second round.
Somdev Devvarman had lost to David Ferrer to bow out of
the men`s singles event earlier.
Sania Mirza had lost to Maria Kirilenko in the women`s
singles event, being played simultaneously here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore