Bopanna-Qureshi in quarterfinals in Germany
New Delhi: Indian Davis Cupper Rohan Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi on Tuesday advanced to the quarterfinals of Gerry Weber Open after defeating the pair of Ivan Dodig and Alexandr Dolgopolov in straight sets in the first round of the event at Halle, Germany.
The "Indo-Pak Express", seeded top in the Euro 7,50,000 grass court tournament, defeated the duo of Dodig (Croatia) and Dolgopolov (Ukraine) 7-5 6-4.
In the quarterfinals, Bopanna and Qureshi will take on the combo of Dustin Brown of Germany and Gael Monfils of France, who beat Spanish duo of Pabio Andujar and David Marrero 6-0 6-4 in another first round match.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata