Bopanna-Qureshi ousted from Legg Mason Classic
Washington: Indian challenge ended at the ATP Legg Mason Classic after the opening round defeat of Rohan Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi in the doubles event.
The fourth seeded Indo-Pak pair fell 6-7(1) 7-6(6) 3-10 to the unseeded Mark Knowles of Bahamas and Xavier Malisse of Belgium after putting up a gallant fight for one hour and 47 minutes.
Somdev has already exited from the singles event following a second round defeat to Marcos Baghdatis of Cyprus.
Knowles and Malisse came into the tournament with a title win at Farmer`s Classic last week. They had beaten the pair of Somdev and Treat Conrad Huey of Philippines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'