Bopanna-Qureshi out of Cincinnati Open
Cincinnati (USA): The Indian Express of
Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi moved to the men`s doubles
semifinals without breaking a sweat while Rohan Bopanna and
Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi crashed out of the ATP Western & Southern
Open after a straight set defeat.
Third seeds Bhupathi and Paes received a walkover in
their quarter-finals after Czech pair of Tomas Berdych and
Radek Stepanek due to former`s right shoulder injury.
Berdych had defeated two-time champion Roger Federer 6-2
7-6(3) in the singles event.
Lee-Hesh now face defending champions Bob and Mike Bryan
of the US, who ousted seventh seeds Mariusz Fyrstenberg and
Marcin Matkowski after a hard-fought 7-6(5) 7-6(3) win.
The fifth-seeded Indo-Pak pair of Bopanna and Qureshi
were done in by fourth seeds Michael Llodra and Nenad Zimonjic
3-6 2-6 in just under an hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials